The "Haciendas" have their origin with the entrust ("encomienda") at the arrival of the Spaniards and spread to America during the colonial expansion. The Hacienda, generally included homes of significant architectural value and other minor buildings destined to workers in the field, were large plantations that revolved around a main house.
Hacienda Yaxcopoil is currently operating as hostel and Museum, which attempts to show with the greatest accuracy and simplicity, spaces and furniture used in its time of splendor.
Uxmal, known as the "three times rebuilt", is located in an area of hills called Puuc, which breaks the monotony of the Yucatan Plains. It is the area's largest city reaching 20,000 inhabitants in its glory times (600-900 A.D.). Integrated by 15 groups of buildings spanning about 2 km, the pyramid of the magician (35 meters), the "Cuadrángulo de las Monjas" (Nuns' Quadrangle) and the Palace of the Governor.
We will visit the "cenote" Sambula in the small community of Peba; with easy access and that can be enjoyed by children and adults.
- Round transportation.
- Entrance to the archaeological site, hacienda and cenote.
Does not include:
- Services not specified.
Approximate duration: 8 hrs.
- Prices per person per tour.
- Minimum of operation 2 people.
- Departures: 8:00-9:00 Hrs. depending on the tour, leaving from Centre - Colon Tour area hotels (Merida).
- Starting time may vary 30 minutes depending on the route of the hotels where we pick up passengers.
- Rates subject to availability and change without prior notice